Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Friday 11 June 2010

Touraine: 1989 Cabernet and 2001 Côt


1989 Cabernet, Touraine, Thierry Michaud

Although I was pretty confident that this 1989 would show well I was pleased by how well it showed with still quite young colour and good, medium weight evolved fruit and fair length. I used to visit Domaine Michaud in Noyers-sur-Cher quite frequently but have got out of the habit – not because the wines weren't good. I should go back again. I have no idea what I paid for it – probably the equivalent of £3-£4. proof again that the Loire offers very good value and that you don't have to pay the high prices demanded by Bordeaux to have a Cabernet that will age well.


2001 Côt

This Côt was a pleasant surprise from La Gourmandière– the Cave Cooperative of Francueil. In my time I have had some poor wines from this cooperative. However, this Côt, although not a heavyweight, had aged well with attractive mature fruit and that touch of rusticity that tends to be Côt's hallmark.  

No comments: