Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Friday 28 October 2016

Cabernet on Canvas: Paintings in Wine:


Message from Nicholas Della Morte Milewski, a sommelier and artist. Nicholas has a Kickstarter project: 
'Big Loire rouge fan here. 

I've been a somm for years, but I'm also an artist. I've recently been painting with wine. I'm running a Kickstarter for the project, and I thought I'd pass it along. 

About this project: 

"Wine is sunlight held together by water."

-- Galileo Galilei

My name's Nicholas, and I'm a sommelier (aka wine ninja) and an artist. For years I've studied wine alongside my greatest passion, painting. 
I'm fascinated by how different cultures have trained, blended, bred, and cultivated grapes over many centuries, creating the art that is modern winemaking.
I'm enamored with the beauty and complexity of the drink. It's an art derived exclusively from nature -- from sunlight and water. And every culture has distinctive styles.
So, I started painting with wine to showcase the visual beauty and unexpected color-range of this beverage.

Read the rest here  


Nicholas Della Morte Milewski
Sommelier/Artist
(774) 487-8693

No comments: