Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Monday 1 November 2010

Fiona Beckett's new natural wine blog + one utterly pointless one

Fiona Beckett with Jacky Blot in Montlouis early October 2010

Fiona Beckett, who is the Guardian's new wine writer, has just launched a new blog called Wine Naturally.

Her first post starts thus:

'Why drink natural wine?

Or, more to the point - why devote a whole blog to it? It’s a long story. My husband got into natural wine a couple of years ago and I have to say I was rather sniffy about it. I thought most of the reds I tasted were unappealingly rustic and a lot of the whites tasted of cider.' 

This is a very welcome new blog which hopefully will provide a forum to discuss the issues raised by and surrounding natural wines.

***
In contrast a link to an entirely pointless new video from James Suckling. He seems to be determined to prove that he's a complete twat.



4 comments:

Chris Kissack said...

Thanks for the links. I just can't stop watching Suckling's videos; entertaining and horrible at the same time.

Jim's Loire said...

Thanks Chris.

Fiona Beckett said...

Many thanks, Jim, for flagging this up. The three days we spent with you in the Loire visiting natural winemakers certainly helped to inspire it and I hope it will become a forum for debate

(Agree about James Suckling one. Totally bizarre!)

Luc Charlier said...

Gosh, another blog I’ll have to watch. Thanks for the hint, Jim.
As for Suckling’s video, it turned me upside down: I’m 69 points on that!