Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Saturday 25 February 2012

Lincoln Siliakus: Les 5 du Vin's Saturday guest

Lincoln Siliakus@2012 Salon des Vins de Loire

Lincoln Siliakus of VinoSolex fame (the man who rode a Solex from Chablis to Sablet via the Beaujolais) is our Saturday guest poster on Les 5 du Vin this week:   

'Wine at the right pace
Although I am proud to have been born in England, and am therefore a solid European citizen, I was dragged screaming (so my parents tell me) as a baby in arms to South Australia. I remember nothing of the trip and little of Adelaide until I was tall enough to stand up to see over the weeds in our front garden. Soon, though, we were heading up into the Barossa valley on weekends, where my father, a German teacher, had many friends. Those big wineries with ridiculous names like Kaiserstuhl always smelled like old socks to me, and I wriggled away to fish for yabbies in the little creek at the end of the lawn.'

Read the rest here

1 comment:

Lincoln said...

Thanks Jim, see you on the road! Lincoln