Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Friday 4 March 2011

Gem-like service


After spending a fair amount of time recently looking at 1855's scandalously poor service, it is really good to come across some really very good service. Having bought a new Canon G12 camera last November I checked through Amazon for a suitable camera bag – one that was light and would fit on a belt. I found one from GEM Bags.

At that time it was £14.47 – I see it is now £9.49 on Amazon but that is another story! The bag duly arrived, the camera fitted fine with space for a spare battery and I was happy. Was happy until I discovered in early February that the material at the back of the bag was coming away from the base and starting to fray.

I contacted Gem Bags through Amazon offering to send photographic evidence of the fault. I very soon got a reply from Gem apologising for the problem, telling me to bin the faulty bag as they would post me a new one. As I was away I asked for it to be delivered when I got back. No problem. I arrived back late last night and the relacement came with today's post.

Excellent service – thank you.

All wrapped up!

1 comment:

Luc Charlier said...

Same contribution, June 2011 :
“ .... Gem Bags had been telling me to bin their faulty bag in February this year and posted me a brand new one. I was very happy and pleased with the service until I discovered around the end of May that the material at the back of the bag was coming loose again and was indeed staining my belt a dark shade of pale ...”.
As I was feeling kind of seasick, I turned cartwheels 'cross the floor and decided to skip a light fandango. But the crowd called out for more ....