Awards and citations:

1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award

Sunday, 17 August 2014

Porto in July 2014: a few more photos

During a day of almost continuous rain in Newtonmore (thanks I suspect to the lasting influence of Hurricane Bertha), I've made another attempt to get on top of sorting out photos. This time deleting photos from camera memory cards. I know I should keep on top of deleting photos once I have downloaded them. Unfortunately onceyou let this slip it takes a long time to check that all the photos on the card have been downloaded. So here is a small additional selection from our visit to Porto in July.

 Igreja de Santo Ildefonso
(above and below)

 Our B&B Hotel: comfortable, reasonably priced 
room in old cinema building
(above and below)

Reis, Filhos: ornate clothes shop at 
top end of Rua 31 de Janeiro

 Reis, Filhos: windows above the ground floor

 Jumble of buildings by Sao Bento Station
(above and below)

Elegant spiral staircase in Sao Bento station


Luc Charlier said...

As you know, Jim, some cameras now harbour 2 memory cards, which you can use in parallel rather than in series. The second then becomes a back-up of the first one. I have the habit of erasing everything from the first one as soon as I have downloaded it, and only get rid of the pictures on the second after a few days, thus enabling me to sort out what I really need, and making yet another safe copy of it.

Jim Budd said...

Luc. None of my cameras has this facility, so I download soon after I have taken them but got behind with deleting.