Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Monday 31 December 2012

Get fit: the best thing I did in 2012!


The old facade with new block in distance


Looking back at 2012 at my highlights of the year I certainly have to include winning a Born Digital Award for the best investigative story and the IWC Personality of the Year. However, the best and most important decision I made was to get fit again.

Too many hours in front of the computer and not enough exercise inevitably took their toll. Fortunately when the restored Forest Hill (London SE23) pools opened in mid-September, I decided to use the new fitness gym included in the new facility as regularly as possible. Less than four months on I can certainly feel the benefits: my blood pressure is down dramatically, I have lost five or six kilos and I feel a lot more lively. 

History of the Forest Hill pools here and here. Details of opening.

I intend to continue exercising in 2013 – this will be a New Year Resolution that I will keep!

Entrance to the new section of the pool

2 comments:

Jan-Tore Egge said...

Me, too. Best thing I did in 2010. I lost 18 kg then, but put on a couple in 2012, so I need to work harder (exercise more). Apart from weight control, it's good for one's concetration.

Jim's Loire said...

Thanks JT – new determination in 2013!