Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Sunday 15 January 2012

La Dive Bouteille (29th-30th January) and 8 years of blogging from San Francisco

Château de Brézé hosting La Dive Bouteille

Details here of how to get to and from Brézé by public transport.

Brézé's moat

Elsewhere in the Loire finally a few cold nights forecast for Epeigné-les-Bois with night-time temperatures dropping below freezing until it gets milder again on Wednesday. 

**



Reflections on 8 Years of Wine Blogging by Alder Yarrow 
'Eight years ago, I decided that instead of giving my friends the same advice over and over again about my favorite wines and restaurants, I would start a blog -- both so that I would have someplace to send them, and so that I could learn about what a blog was and how it worked.

And that, as they say, was the first day of the rest of my life. I've been writing about wine almost every day since then, pausing only to go on my honeymoon, hang out with my new baby girl, and go fishing in Alaska this past August.

It's been quite a ride.'


No comments: