Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Thursday 22 March 2018

The Second Battle of Wounded Knee (11 weeks on) + Loch Gynack


 Left leg and knee: 22nd March 2018

 Knee: 5th February 2018

It is now 11 weeks since I had the operation on my knee to reattach my quads to my left knee cap, having ruptured them from my knee slipping on black ice on 2nd January. 

As the photos show the operation scar is healing up nicely – a big difference today (22nd March) from how my knee was on 5th February.   

  Left leg and knee: 22nd March 2018 

I celebrated the approach of 11 weeks since the operation by taking the old drovers track between Newtonmore and Kingussie. This track heads up towards the mountains before turning right to pass along the north side of Loch Gynack. This was most strenuous walk I have attempted since the operation. I was fortunate that it was a beaut of a day – bright sunshine and blue skies as the photos below show.  

Path heading up to Loch Gynack.

 Looking down towards Loch Gynack

 Loch Gynack 
(above and below)
 



 


No comments: