Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Saturday 27 August 2011

August sunshine@Loches



Quick visit to Loches market last Wednesday mainly to buy mussels. Market very busy and crowded but it remains one of the best in this part of Touraine.

Part of the château

3 comments:

Luc Charlier said...

Already knew one can buy EPO on the market, but muscles ?
Lot(ches) of things are changing, nowadays.

Jim's Loire said...

Luc. Beware you won't be getting more stars in le Guide Haché if you spend all your time reading and commenting on my blog!

Luc Charlier said...

- “Mince alors !” (funny pun on mince = haché) .

Fact is, I’ve been cleaning the press thoroughly today (with chlorine – diluted !-, first time in my life), ‘cause white wine might be made next week or short thereafter. And I’ve been fixing stupid things in the winery as well ... boring jobs altogether. Therefore, I stop every two hours or so, and allow myself 30 minutes on the GOOD blogs. It is my only connection to “intellectual” life, as Corneilla is rather a kind of Bagdad Café in the middle of nowhere. Hervé Bizeul has got his own petite Sibérie to attend; my Gulag is public.
Moreover, the magazine “Cuisine et Vins de France” issued a portrait of modest (?) me just today, and I’m keen on reading it soon (Christine bought a copy in town). Finally, I feel a little bit “high” as every time serious stuff has been due soon in my existence, and the nearing harvest is a helluva one of them.
But don’t worry, as of beginning of Sept., I’ll make myself scarce, to everybody’s relief.